There is nothing better than snuggling a swaddled baby. We were those parents that swaddled Beckham for way too long. I actually had to tell Jordan that we should probably stop swaddling him, you’d think it would be the other way around! In our defense, as he got older we mostly just wrapped a blanket loosely around him before we laid him down for bed. He honestly loved being swaddled and it helped him sleep so much better!
With Beckham, we just used normal blankets to swaddle. For Blakely, we received a special swaddle from The Ollie World.
The Ollie swaddle, also known as the Smarter Swaddle, is uniquely designed to offer therapeutic and developmental benefits as well as neurological benefits for your little babe.
Some of these benefits, that can be found on their website, are listed below.
- Reduces waking suddenly due to the Moro reflex or spontaneous arousal
- Helps to maintain supine position
- Preterm infants show improved neuromuscular development, less physiological distress, better motor organization, and more self-regulation abilities
- Eases the transition from the womb
- Decreases irritability while promoting self-soothing
- Encourages calming to increase bonding
- Enhances quality of sleep to improve rest and cycle regulation
The design of this swaddle is amazing. The material is super soft and has patented moisture-wicking threads interwoven into the fabric reducing the risk of overheating. It comes in one size and one size really does fit all. With the use of velcro, you are able to give your baby a customized, snug fit that adjusts as your baby grows. An open bottom means easy diaper changes with no need to re swaddle. Which is a dream, especially in the middle of the night!
The Ollie Swaddle comes in four beautiful colors. Stone, Meadow, Lavender, and and sky. Our little Blakely is pictured in the lavander.
I have truly noticed a difference using our Ollie Swaddle. I love that I can put our sweet girl to bed knowing that she is swaddled safely and comfortably. This knowledge has also given this tired mama some piece of mind at night making for better sleep for me as well!
Click HERE to learn more about The Ollie Swaddle and HERE to purchase yours!